Read it in French: Buyant Uils
In 1997 the Mongolian Association Buyant Uils (“Charity Affair”) was created. In close cooperation with D.M.D., numerous actions have been carried out since then:
– The creation of a language, art and craft school in an orphanage; helping the future of many street children in Ulaanbaatar
– Facilitation of a shelter for homeless people, the elderly, physically and mentally handicapped, a project carried out in partnership with Santé Sud and the European Union
– The construction of a Mongolian recreational cultural center in Seoul, with monumental sculptures, yurt hotels, ethnographic museum and project of an equestrian center of Mongolian horses
– An exhibition of local handicrafts (wooden objects, embroidery, recycled glass) for ecological reasons: to promote environmental protection by recycling glass and by using fabric bags instead of plastic bags. Following the success of this event, these products are now marketed.
– The support of families of livestock breeders without livestock to regain their nomadic life of the steppes by the three-year loan of a herd of 200 heads, a project realized thanks to the donations of a surgeon of the Swiss Surgical Team and a journalist of TSI, Swiss Italian television; this action contributes to the fight against the rural exodus growing and tries to safeguard a unique way of life unfortunately on the decline and not for the benefit of a better situation but on the contrary, often more difficult
Through its tourist activity properly so called, D.M.D. tries to contribute directly to the progress of the standard of living of the premises, hard hit by the exceptional rigor of these last winters. With a network of yurts of hosts run by a family or a cooperative of nomads, generating an indispensable financial contribution to a correct life. With ecological and social journeys too, such as those young people in difficulties who came with their educators to clean the banks of the Orkhon with young Mongols.